Sunday, July 29, 2007

Final Countdown

In less than 24 hours, I should be flying over the South China Sea on my way to Bandar Seri Begawan in Brunei for a four-hour stopover. before a ten-hour long-haul flight to Frankfurt. Given that generous free window time to wander about Brunei, I am somehow fantasizing to sneak out of the airport amd brave the streets of the city, take a cab and meet Prince Hassanal Bolkiah in his golden palace, Istana Nurul Iman, the world's largest residential palace. But I know that will remain to be a fantasy, and I will only be stuck in the airport for four gruelling hours, watching suitcases of different shapes and sized stroll by as my means of killing time. (As an aside, I feel proud to learn from wikipedia that a reknowned Filipino architect designed the palace, by the name of National Artist Leandro V. Locsin). Another must do while in between trips is to scan for a wifi signal, and to stay connected, or "disconnected." Lastly, I'm looking forward to have a taste of authentic Brunei food, if ever there is such.

As-Salaam-Alaikum.

No comments: