Friday, July 20, 2007

Sinking in

Barely two weeks are left before I fly out to Germany, and it's only now that I'm beginning to feel more excitement and anxiety. I know it will be one helluva'n experience for me and the rest of my future classmates- the NGO guy from Cameroon, the lawyer from Columbia, to my fellow scholars, and to all the students all over the world who who will be studying elsewhere other than their home country.

I've realized way back that no amount of preparation can actually help me for the course and as I uproot myself from the country- not by taking advance German language course at the Goethe Institute, reading literature on my courses, nor hours of browsing through the official website of the town of Freiburg.

For the mean time, I'm about to start packing, not only clothes to warm me during the harsh winter months, but also the good times, and the not-so-good ones.

No comments: