Thursday, August 02, 2007

Das Fenster

My suitcase, with all of 26 kilos of it, suffered
enough torture on my way to the hotel where I had to
drag it through the cobblestone streets of Freiburg. I
am pretty sure it passed the quality control test with
flying colors.

I thought its ordeal was over as soon as we arrived
the hotel. But it wasn't so, and so was ours, as JC
and I, the Bolivian student at the Uni who met me at
the Hauptbahnhof, struggled to carry it from the
secon:d floor up to the fourth level of the hotel. I
thought the owner of the hotel, Walter Engler, was
cracking a bad joke to this Freiburg first-timer. Yet,
our grunts and pains were appropriately rewarded with
the view the windows in my room gave us.


____________________________________________________________________________________
Need a vacation? Get great deals
to amazing places on Yahoo! Travel.
http://travel.yahoo.com/

No comments: