Friday, October 19, 2007

Bombed

I have heard of at least two bombings today: one I read at CNN in Pakistan and the other in the Philippines. Pakistan's seems to be politically-motivated, targetting the crowd which formed to welcome the former Prime Minister Bhutto's arrival. The one in the Philippines I learned of first from pictures which I received via email. It was in a mall in the central business district which is Makati City. I confirmed the news when I visited the website of the Inquirer. Two significant bombing news in one day.

As for me, it would be an exaggeration to say that I felt like I was bombed for the past week. Maybe being run-over by a truck-load of information is more appropriate. We just finished our exam for our first module about three and a half hours ago, which took me the whole week for which to prepare. I never studied so hard in my life and yet feel so tentative about how I would do in the exam. Mind you that I was still sleeping 7-8 hours a night, although the waking hours was just bombarded with readings, reviewing, and more readings! It took its toll on me yesterday when I developed sniffles and sore throat. The blast of cold weather we had yesterday and today also didn't help. I heard from a classmate it's the advent of autumn, and the tropical thermometer in me told me it is already winter!

But all is fine now, alles ist klar. Everyone is looking forward to a schönes Wochenende! Viel spass!

No comments: