Friday, November 02, 2007

Not-so-humble abode


We're not yet halfway through our semester, yet I already moved in to a new room in a dormitory. I'm paying as much as in my old place, although the facilities here are state-of-the-art. Typisch Deutsch, I should say. Most of the doors open automatically, in addition to a little gym, photo laboratory, entertainment room, music room, and a chapel to the desperate student. However, the automatic doors cater to the differently-abled residents. I was floored the first time I saw these amenities, and thought this should be the best dormitory ever built.

The dormitory is called Collegium Sapientiae, located in the district of Wiehre still. What I like here better is the proximity to the tram station which I could take to my faculty without a transfer, and the presence of at least three supermarkets nearby.

It wasn't easy getting a place here, and I should thank my classmate Omar who managed to persuade the Hausmeister to give me a room. In addition to the lobbying, I needed to submit an application letter, CV, and a recommendation letter from our parish priest back home. Oh, and did I mention that it is a Catholic dormitory? Amen!

No comments: