Monday, June 23, 2008

Free concert at the Thing-Platz

The Thing Platz that I wrote about is apparently being put to better use. I was responding to nature's call during our break earlier in class, when I heard trumpets and strings playing like in a concerto. I thought my mind was playing tricks on me, and wondered if it was nature responding back. I rushed from the toilet- washed my hands first- grabbed my camera, and ran down to the yard. The music playing was momentarily replaced by a man reciting a poem, afterwhich the music resumed. This type of performance is quite common in the region- if not the whole country- as far as what I've seen here in Freiburg, like the time I attended the opening reception of my German course last year.

If we are treated to the same surprise and performance every day, then that would be a good motivation to go to class. Or wait for the breaks.

Here's a clip of the performance:

No comments: